Photo by michaeljung / Shutterstock.com
Southwest Airlines’ Big Sale is here. That means you can fly to dozens of cities for as little as $49 each way — but you must act fast.
This is a three-day sale. It started Tuesday and ends Thursday at 11:59 p.m. in the time zone of the originating city. This is one of two big sales Southwest offers each year, according to CNBC.
The departure and destination cities are primarily in the U.S., but also include multiple cities in the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America.
The travel dates available during the sale are:
- Domestic travel: Oct. 31 through Dec. 19 and Jan. 3 through Feb. 14
- Travel to or from San Juan, Puerto Rico: Oct. 31 through Dec. 7 and Jan. 16 through March 1 (also note Southwest’s travel advisory for San Juan)
- International travel: Oct. 31 through Dec. 13 and Jan. 10 through March 2
Other fine print to note includes:
- Tickets must be purchased 21 days in advance.
- Fares are valid only on nonstop flights.
- Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel if you cancel at least 10 minutes before departure.
- Some days of the week are excluded from the sale. For example, for domestic travel, Fridays and Sundays are unavailable.
As if these low prices weren’t good enough, Southwest is among the airlines most likely to offer rewards for bumping you from flights, according to a study earlier this year.
For more ways to save on your next trip, check out:
- “14 Super Smart Ways to Save on Travel“
- “7 Great Travel Discounts That Begin at Age 62“
- “Adventurous? 5 Ways You Can Travel the World for Free“
What’s your best tip for saving on airfare this time of year? Share it with us below or on our Facebook page.