HBO is offering nearly 500 hours of free programming — and you do not need a subscription to enjoy it.
HBO’s promotion — dubbed #StayHomeBoxOffice — began April 3, and includes free series, documentaries and movies.
The free content, which HBO says is the largest volume of programming that it has ever made available outside its paywall, includes the following.
9 full series
- “Ballers” (five seasons)
- “Barry” (two seasons)
- “Silicon Valley” (six seasons)
- “Six Feet Under” (five seasons)
- “The Sopranos” (seven seasons)
- “Succession” (two seasons)
- “True Blood” (seven seasons)
- “Veep” (seven seasons)
- “The Wire” (five seasons)
10 docuseries and documentaries
- “The Apollo”
- “The Case Against Adnan Syed”
- “Elvis Presley: The Searcher”
- “I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth v. Michelle Carter”
- “The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley”
- “Jane Fonda in Five Acts”
- “True Justice: Bryan Stevenson’s Fight for Equality”
- “United Skates”
- “We Are the Dream: The Kids of the MLK Oakland Oratorical Fest”
20 Warner Bros. movies
- “Arthur 2: On the Rocks”
- “Blinded by the Light”
- “The Bridges of Madison County”
- “Crazy, Stupid, Love”
- “Empire of the Sun”
- “Forget Paris”
- “Happy Feet Two”
- “Isn’t It Romantic?”
- “The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part”
- “Midnight Special”
- “My Dog Skip”
- “Nancy Drew and the Hidden Staircase”
- “Pokémon Detective Pikachu”
- “Red Riding Hood”
- “Sucker Punch”
HBO did not specify when its #StayHomeBoxOffice offer will end, saying only that it’s available for a limited time.
More free streaming options
Streaming services other than HBO also are offering free programming. The promotions come at a time when millions of Americans are locked in their homes as the nation — and the world — waits for the coronavirus pandemic to subside.
Recently, we told you about services that are offering extended free trials of their programming. To find out more, check out “10 Streaming TV Services Offering Free 30-Day Trials Right Now.”
Redbox also recently unveiled Redbox Free Live TV, which offers a growing number of third-party channels and exclusive channels with movies and TV shows. You can learn more about this service in “Redbox Debuts a Free Streaming TV Service.”
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.