Osugi / Shutterstock.com
Ebates.com is offering double cash back — and in some cases, even more — at select retailers today, Tuesday, July 12.
The cash-back portal is calling it Flash Cash Back Day, and more than online 100 retailers are participating. Just to name a few:
- eBags: Offering 12 percent cash back today (up from 6 percent)
- JCPenney: 11 percent (up from 3 percent)
- Macy’s: 10 percent (up from 3 percent) plus free shipping with no minimum purchase requirement today only
- Smashbox Cosmetics: 8 percent (up from 4 percent), plus free shipping — check out “25 Retailers With Free Shipping — No Matter How Little You Spend” to learn more
- Walmart: 5 percent (up from 1 percent) plus free shipping — check out “Walmart Offers 1 Week of Free Shipping, Lowers Prices” to learn more
You’ll also earn cash back — today and in the future — on purchases from any of more than 2,000 retailers that partner with Ebates.
So far this year, I’ve already earned about $30 from Ebates — or as I like to see it, Ebates has paid me $30 to go shopping online.
So if you haven’t already, sign up for an account before Flash Cash Back Day ends at midnight PT. All that’s required is an email address.
Once you’re signed up, all you have to do to earn cash back is:
- Every time you buy something online, start by visiting Ebates’ website and signing in.
- In the search bar at the top of Ebates’ site, enter the name of the retailer where you want to shop.
- Click on Ebates’ orange “Shop Now” button for that retailer. This will redirect you to the retailer’s website, where you can then shop as usual — while earning cash back on most anything you buy there.
You will receive your cash back four times per year, as long as you’ve accumulated at least $5.01 in cash back. Ebates will either mail you a check or make a deposit to your PayPal account on the following dates:
- Feb. 15
- May 15
- Aug. 15
- Nov. 15
For more big sales going on today, head over to Amazon.com for Prime Day or check out “Elsewhere, on Prime Day: 6 Retailers That Are Slashing Prices.”
Are you taking advantage of any sales or other discounts today? Let us know below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.