Have you gassed up lately? Then you’ve noticed prices are rocketing higher. And it’s not just gas prices. In every area of your budget, from groceries to rent, you’ve likely experienced inflation eating away at your buying power.
We’ve talked about the reasons behind inflation in recent episodes, but we haven’t talked about what you can do to fight back — in other words, to hedge higher prices.
That’s what this week’s “Money!” podcast is about. As usual, my co-host will be financial journalist Miranda Marquit. Listening in and sometimes contributing is producer and novice investor Aaron Freeman. We’ve also got a special guest, Josh Rodriguez from personal finance website Money Crashers.
Meet the guest, Josh Rodriguez from Money Crashers
Joshua Rodriguez is a contributor at Money Crashers. He’s spent more than a decade writing articles and guiding consumers through the complexities of personal finance and investing, including paying off debt to get to the point of financial freedom.
Don’t listen to podcasts?
A podcast is basically a radio show you can listen to anywhere and anytime, either by downloading it to your smartphone, or by listening online. They’re awesome for learning stuff and being entertained when you’re in the car, doing chores, jogging or, if you’re like me, riding your bicycle.
If you haven’t listened to our podcast yet, give it a try, then subscribe. You’ll be glad you did!
Want more information? Check out these resources:
- 5 Surefire Ways to Beat Inflation
- 7 Ways Americans Plan to Fight Inflation
- Inflation Is Surging: Here Are 8 Ways to Beat It
- 15 Golden Rules for Saving on Every Purchase
- 7 Smart Ways to Save Money at the Gas Pump
- 8 Bad Driving Habits That Cost You at the Gas Pump
- 28 Ways to Save on Gas You Already Know – And Maybe One You Don’t
- 6 Gas Rewards Programs to Ease Pain at the Pump
- 30 Tips to Save on Food
- The 27 Absolute Best Ways to Save on Food
- Stacy’s stock portfolio
- Subscribe to the Money Talks News newsletter
- Take our course The Only Retirement Guide You'll Ever Need
- Take our course Money Made Simple
- Miranda Marquit’s website
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.