Are you a four-star hotel traveler, or do you go for simple, clean and convenient? Whatever you’re after, these two card offers can get you free rooms in record time — earning 100,000 welcome bonus points business and personal travel after meeting a modest spending level. They give cardholders access to low rates, upgrades and free rooms within a network of more than 6,700 hotels worldwide.
The options for this rewards program are stunning — especially since a recent merger between Marriott and International Hotel Group. Under this umbrella are the Ritz-Carlton chain, W Hotels, Westin hotels, Courtyard hotels, Residence Inns and many more. Here are the best hotel rewards cards to come along in a long while:
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
Why we love it: This card (replacing the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card) rakes in 100,000 bonus points after hitting a spend threshold of $5,000 within the first three months, and then just continues to reward the card holder — with 6 bonus points per dollar spent at hotels under their massive umbrella and a free room on every anniversary with the account.
- Earn 100,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on this card within the first three months of opening the account. (That’s anywhere from 1 to 10 nights, depending on the hotel you choose!)
- Every year, on your account anniversary, get a free night award (up to a 35,000 point value).
- Earn 6 points for every dollar you spend at the hotels in the Marriott Bonvoy network.
- Earn 2 points for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn unlimited reward points.
Note: This card has a $95 annual fee.
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
Why we love it: This card (replacing Starwood Preferred Guest business card) rings up 100,000 bonus points after spending just $5,000 within the first three months after opening the account. (Our CEO jumped on the opportunity, noting that it’s pretty easy to spend $5,000 on a business card.) You’ll need to act fast to get in on this deal. It ends April 24.
Highlights of this offer:
- Rack up 100,000 welcome points after using this card for $5,000 in purchases within the first three months.
- Earn 6 points per dollar spent at hotels in the Marriott Bonvoy network.
- Earn 4 points per dollar at American restaurants and gas stations, as well as cellphone services from U.S. providers and 2 points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
- Get a free hotel night on each card account anniversary (for a room worth up to 35,000 points) at participating hotels in the Marriott Bonvoy network.
Note: This card has an annual fee of $125.
Whatever you need in a credit card — whether it’s balance transfer, reward points, cash back or a low interest rate — you can find it with our credit card search tool. Click here to search for the plastic that best fits your needs.ng>.