A clean airport makes travel more pleasant, and three North American airports go above and beyond when it comes to keeping things scrubbed and polished.
Recently, the Airports Council International issued its Airport Service Quality Awards for the best customer experience at airports around the world. The awards were based on more than 465,000 live surveys of travelers in 2022.
One of the awards honors the cleanest airports around the world. Following are the winners in North America, followed by the honorees located elsewhere in the world.
Fort McMurray International Airport
Where this airport is located: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
International Air Transport Association code for this airport: YMM
Things are getting busier at Fort McMurray International Airport now that the COVID-19 pandemic is over.
This northern Alberta airport served more than 320,000 passengers in 2022, a 40% jump from the previous year. And during the first few months of 2023, passenger volume has surged another 40% from last year.
Gerald R. Ford International Airport
Where this airport is located: Grand Rapids, Michigan
International Air Transport Association code for this airport: GRR
Gerald R. Ford International Airport helps more than 3 million passengers reach their destinations each year. In November, it will mark 60 years in its current location.
Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
Where this airport is located: Greer, South Carolina
International Air Transport Association code for this airport: GSP
Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport serves around 2.61 million passengers each year and offers 50 nonstop departures every day to 22 destinations.
Other airports that keep things clean
The Airports Council International says many other airports around the world stand out for their cleanliness. They include:
- Aeroporto di Roma-Fiumicino (Rome Fiumicino, Italy)
- Aeropuerto de Pamplona (Pamplona, Spain)
- Aeropuerto Internacional Región de Murcia (Murcia, Spain)
- Beijing Daxing International Airport (Beijing, China)
- Dakar Blaise Diagne International Airport (Diass, Senegal)
- Guayaquil International Airport (Guayaquil, Ecuador)
- Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi, India)
- Inverness Airport (Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom)
- Istanbul Airport (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Quito International Airport (Quito, Ecuador)
- Salalah Airport (Salalah, Oman)
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport (Shanghai, China)
- Skopje International Airport (Skopje, North Macedonia)
- Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport (Ujung Pandang, Indonesia)
Are you planning a big trip? Stop by the Money Talks News Solutions Center and search for great travel deals.
Add a Comment
Our Policy: We welcome relevant and respectful comments in order to foster healthy and informative discussions. All other comments may be removed. Comments with links are automatically held for moderation.