Target fans, rejoice! The retailer is bringing back — and expanding on — several great deals it offered during the holiday shopping season last year.
That includes free shipping for all online purchases with no minimum purchase requirement now through Jan. 1, which is one week longer than last year.
This news comes within days of Best Buy announcing that it, too, will bring back free shipping.
Besides free shipping, other returning promotions at Target include 10 Days of Deals, which involves a different deal each day for 10 days. Last year, this promotion followed Black Friday, but Target has yet to specify dates for 2016.
Popular holiday deals will also return to Target’s Cartwheel app. They will include 50 percent off one toy per day between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24.
Brian Cornell, Target CEO and chairman, explains in a company announcement:
“Target is at our very best during the holidays, and we’re building on last year’s winning formula to make the 2016 holiday season even better. … Most importantly, guests will find truly exceptional value through broad and simple offers timed to maximize savings on the most-shopped merchandise at each point in the season.”
Besides deals, you will also find a lot of new features at your local Target store or at Target.com for the holidays this year. They include:
- Wondershop, where you will find tree-trimming products and other holiday decor. Target describes Wondershop as a “specially designed shop-within-a-shop [that] will offer a curated assortment of 2,000 new seasonal items.”
- The Wonderlist Gift Guide, which Target says is intended to make it easy for you to find “personal, meaningful and creative gifts for family and friends.”
- About 1,000 new pieces from Target’s new clothing line for kids, Cat & Jack.
- More than 1,800 new or exclusive toys, about 15 percent more than last year.
- Newly released virtual reality products.
- Newly released connected-home products.
- An exclusive 10-disc box set from country singer Garth Brooks, which is available for preorder online now and will be available in stores on Nov. 11.
I’m thrilled to hear about the return of Target’s free shipping and 10 Days of Deals promotions. I took advantage of both last year, scoring great deals on multiple online orders.
What about you? Let us know below or on Facebook.