Americans are obsessed with bacon.
Even hikes in the price of bacon this year haven’t turned people away from their favorite pork product. Not only do we love to eat bacon with pancakes or piled high on a burger, many bacon enthusiasts also like to smell it, drink it and fold it up and put it in their pocket.
Let me explain. According to inStash.com, a buyer’s guide and shopping magazine for men, there are a plethora of weird and sometimes grotesque bacon-inspired products out there, ready to be purchased by bacon-loving consumers.
InStash.com compiled a list of 20 crazy bacon products. These are my favorites from their list:
- Bacon air freshener. If you love the smell (and look) of greasy bacon sizzling on the stovetop, this is for you. One reviewer said, “I still have it hanging in my car to ward off vegan hitchhikers.”
- Chocolate bacon soap. Who wouldn’t want to shower with soap that smells like a “mouth-watering blend of smoky fried bacon drizzled in rich dark chocolate”? I prefer Dove soap, but that’s just me.
- Bacon toothpaste. If you’ve found that brushing your teeth with bacon is too difficult, give this a try. It will leave your breath smelling smoky-meat fresh!
- Bacon wallet. You’ll really feel like you’re bringing home the bacon with a bacon wallet. The faux-leather bacon wallet is advertised as “not greasy” and “functional.”
- Bacon lip balm. If you want to enjoy lip-smacking bacon flavor all day, this might be for you.
- Bacon-flavored massage oil. It really exists. It’s made and sold by J&D’s Foods, a company that makes bacon everything, from bacon sunscreen to Baconnaise.
- Bakon vodka. It’s described as “a bacon flavored vodka that captures the meaty, peppery flavor of just-cooked bacon while maintaining a crisp, clean profile.”
- Bacon jam. The uncured bacon spread has rave reviews on Amazon.
- Bacon watch. The watch straps look like slices of bacon, and it appears to really tell time.
- Bacon chocolate chip pancake mix. According to Vosges, which makes the mix, “These buttermilk pancakes are spotted with chunks of our most popular Exotic Candy Bar, which combines hickory smoked bacon and alder sea salt with deep milk chocolate.” Yum.
Check out inStash’s list of 20 ridiculous bacon products here.
In other bacon news, you’ll soon be able to spread a bit of bacon on your morning bagel. According to ChicagoBusiness.com, Kraft is making a new bacon-flavored cream cheese.
Are you a bacon lover? Share your comments below or on our Facebook page.
Add a Comment
Our Policy: We welcome relevant and respectful comments in order to foster healthy and informative discussions. All other comments may be removed. Comments with links are automatically held for moderation.