Visit any grocery store, and you will find a host of brands selling a variety of frozen pizzas. But one pie stands out from the rest, according to reviewers at The Takeout website.
DiGiorno Rising Crust Pepperoni Pizza is so good that it won the following accolade: “While sampling this brand, we were all rendered speechless.”
The reviewers — writer and editor Hoang Samuelson and her partner and two kids — swear that this pizza is so tasty that “when you eat it hot out of the oven, it really is better than a typical delivery option.” With six servings per pizza, it’s “the perfect size” for a family or even a small party.
Finishing at No. 2 was an old standby: Red Baron Classic Crust Pepperoni Pizza.
This pizza won plaudits for its affordable price and for the fact that the sauce complements the cheese rather than overwhelming it.
The Takeout notes that the Red Baron pie is loaded with a higher-than-normal 1,500 calories, and the review labels it as “the kind of pizza that would be served in a school lunch cafeteria, except better.”
Overall, Samuelson and her family reviewed 10 pizzas. They ranked them in this order:
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Pepperoni Pizza
- Red Baron Classic Crust Pepperoni Pizza
- Urban Pie Uncured Pepperoni with Creamy Rosa Sauce Pizza
- Screamin’ Sicilian’s Bessie’s Revenge Pizza
- Freschetta Thin Crust Pepperoni Pizza
- Whole Foods 365 Uncured Pepperoni Rising Crust Pizza
- Amy’s Cheese Pizza
- California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Crispy Thin Crust Pizza
- Newman’s Own Harvest Vegetable Pizza
- Caulipower Margherita Stone-Fired Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Before you rush out to try the DiGiorno or Red Baron pizzas for yourself, check out the tips in:
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.