If you are trying to hold on to more money during this time of rising prices, consider booking your next hotel stay at WoodSpring Suites.
The hotel chain — with nearly 300 locations across the country — finished first in overall customer satisfaction among all economy hotels in J.D. Power’s 2022 North America Hotel Guest Satisfaction Index Study.
The economy hotels that earned above-average marks — with their score out of 1,000 points — are:
- WoodSpring Suites: 798
- Americas Best Value Inn: 795
- SureStay By Best Western: 792
- Microtel by Wyndham: 785
- Extended Stay America: 777
- Studio 6: 772
- Travelodge by Wyndham: 771
- Red Roof Inn: 770
- Days Inn by Wyndham: 767
- Super 8 by Wyndham: 767
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham: 766
Overall, customers described themselves as less satisfied with their hotel experience now than they were a year ago.
Overall satisfaction with all types of hotels included in J.D. Power’s analysis has dropped 8 points on a 1,000-point scale, primarily due to dissatisfaction with cost and fees as well as complaints about decor, furnishings, in-room amenities and quality of bathrooms in guest rooms, according to J.D. Power.
In its report, J.D. Power says:
“The single biggest factor driving this year’s 8-point decline in overall satisfaction is hotel cost and fees. Another factor driving the decline is satisfaction with guest rooms, which suggests that hotel guests are feeling like they are paying more, but not getting more in return.”
The hotels that got the highest marks in other categories in this year’s survey were:
- Luxury — The Ritz-Carlton: 885 (for a second consecutive year)
- Upper Upscale — Hard Rock Hotels: 883 (for the second consecutive year)
- Upscale — Hilton Garden Inn: 868
- Upscale Extended Stay — Hyatt House: 857
- Upper Midscale — Drury Hotels: 877 (for the 17th consecutive year)
- Upper Midscale/Midscale Extended Stay — Sonesta Simply Suites: 852
- Midscale — Wingate by Wyndham: 849
As we previously reported, hotel costs are climbing and likely will continue to do so. If you want to trim your travel bill, check out the “ 3 Best Credit Cards for Hotel Rewards and Free Nights.”
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.