December has dawned, and the time leading up to the biggest holidays of the year is dwindling fast. Don’t wait too long if you are shipping gifts to loved ones who live far away.
Following is a handy list of key shipping dates to ensure your gift arrives by Christmas Day. Use this information to get gifts to loved ones before the season is only a memory.
U.S. Postal Service
- USPS Retail Ground — Dec. 14
- First-Class Mail — Dec. 19
- Priority Mail — Dec. 20
- Priority Mail Express — Dec. 22
Dates for Alaska, Hawaii and international destinations can be found at the Postal Service website.
FedEx SameDay delivery services can get packages to loved ones as late as Christmas Day itself. Other deadlines include:
- FedEx SmartPost — Dec. 11
- FedEx Ground — Dec. 15
- FedEx Home Delivery — Dec. 18
- FedEx Express Saver — Dec. 19
- FedEx 2Day A.M. and FedEx 2Day — Dec. 20
- FedEx First Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight and FedEx Standard Overnight — Dec. 21
Deadlines for international shipping can be found at the FedEx website.
- UPS 3 Day Select — Dec. 18
- UPS 2nd Day Air — Dec. 20
- UPS Next Day Air — Dec. 22
Both UPS 2nd Day Air and UPS Next Day Air can be mailed a day later than the dates above when Saturday Delivery is available in the ZIP code.
For additional information, including international dates, check out the UPS website.
Do you have tips for making sure your package arrives safely and on time? Share them in the comments below or on our Facebook page.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.