- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- How to Lose the Most Money Possible When You Buy a Car
- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
Two years ago, Mattel boasted about opening a new Chinese store featuring all things Barbie – six stories, “complete with spa, cafe, design studio, fashion stage and shelves and shelves of Barbies and Barbie products,” the Associated Press reported. But even the red-hot Chinese economy couldn’t keep it going. The store closed Monday.
Controversial rocker Courtney Love – best known for being married to Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain – settled a lawsuit last week that started when she attacked a fashion designer on Twitter. “The singer has agreed to pay Dawn Simorangkir $430,000, plus interest, to settle a lawsuit the designer filed in March 2009 over comments Love made on Twitter and her MySpace blog,” the Associated Press reported. Love accused Simorangkir of “theft and of having a criminal background” – in repeated 140-character tweets.
How much would you pay to never read about Charlie Sheen again? If you surf the web with Firefox or Chrome browsers, the price tag is…free. It’s called Tinted Sheen, and it was released just this week. It will “hide most Charlie Sheen related text and images from your browsing experience.”
Money may not grow on trees, but it seems to grow in an Ohio median. Police – who wouldn’t release the exact amount found – are still trying to figure out how “five figures” got there. They also assured hopeful treasure hunters that they’ve definitely located all the loot.
If you want to get rich, live poor. That’s the advice from China’s richest person. Zong Qinghou’s $8 billion fortune will last him quite a while – he eats in his company’s cafeteria and only spends $20 a day, Bloomberg reports.