Move over, back-to-school season: Ebates.com is now celebrating back-to-campus season by offering double cash back.
From Tuesday, Aug. 9, through Monday, Aug. 22, the cash-back shopping portal is offering twice as much money back as usual — up to 50 percent — at select retailers.
While this promotion is tied to the start of the college school year, you don’t have to be a college student or the parent of one to take advantage. Anyone will earn double cash back on anything they buy online from the retailers participating in this offer.
Currently, the participating retailers include:
- Barnes & Noble — 2 percent cash back
- BaubleBar (fashion jewelry) — 8 percent (Note that this is among “25 Retailers With Free Shipping — No Matter How Little You Spend.”)
- Bed Bath & Beyond — 4 percent (See also “10 Ways to Save at Bed, Bath & Beyond.”)
- Dell — 10 percent
- Lenovo — 12 percent
- Norton (security and antivirus software) — Up to 25 percent
- Petco — 8 percent
- Proactiv (acne treatments) — 50 percent
- Sephora — 8 percent
You’ll also earn cash back — during this back-to-campus promotion and in the future — on purchases from any of the rest of more than 2,000 retailers that partner with Ebates.
I earned $11.27 from Ebates last month alone — or as I like to see it, Ebates paid me $11.27 to go shopping last month.
That’s free money with no strings attached, mind you. Ebates receives a commission from retailers for referring shoppers to those retailers, and Ebates then shares that commission with shoppers.
So if you haven’t already, sign up for an account — which is also free.
Once you’re signed up, all you have to do to earn cash back is:
- Every time you buy something online, start by visiting Ebates’ website and signing in.
- In the search bar at the top of Ebates’ site, enter the name of the retailer where you want to shop.
- Click on Ebates’ orange “Shop Now” button for that retailer. This will redirect you to the retailer’s website, where you can then shop as usual — while earning cash back on most anything you buy there.
You will receive your cash back four times per year, either by check or PayPal, as long as you’ve accumulated at least $5.01 in cash back.
For more back-to-campus savings, check out “11 Ways to Save Big on College Textbooks.”
What’s your favorite way to save on back-to-school shopping? Let us know below or on our Facebook page.
How to find cheaper car insurance in minutes
Getting a better deal on car insurance doesn't have to be hard. You can have The Zebra, an insurance comparison site compare quotes in just a few minutes and find you the best rates. Consumers save an average of $368 per year, according to the site, so if you're ready to secure your new rate, get started now.
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.