Photo by City of Angels / Shutterstock.com
JCPenney just joined the short list of stores that will open on Thanksgiving Day.
JCPenney’s announcement follows those of Macy’s and Kohl’s, which will open on Thanksgiving at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m., respectively. Many other retailers, however, have announced they will remain closed on the holiday.
Shoppers who can’t wait until 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving will be able to shop the retailer’s Black Friday sale online starting at midnight Nov. 23.
JCPenney’s store hours for the actual Black Friday, Nov. 25, will be from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Leading up to and following Black Friday, a host of promotions will be available as well:
- Now: JCPenney’s Black Friday sale deals on major appliances, a new merchandise category for the retailer this holiday season, have already started. You can save up to 40 percent.
- Now through Nov. 19: One-day-only “Pre Black Friday” deals will be available in stores and online.
- Nov. 20 through Nov. 22: JCPenney will feature 24 online daily deals leading up to its Black Friday sale.
- Thanksgiving: When stores open, shoppers will be greeted with an envelope containing a coupon worth $10 off a purchase of at least $10, $100 off a purchase of at least $100, or $500 off a purchase of at least $500, while supplies last. These coupons are valid for use in stores only starting on Thanksgiving.
- Black Friday: Shoppers in stores at 6 a.m. will receive another chance to receive an instant-savings coupon worth up to $100 off a purchase of at least $100.
- Nov. 27 through Nov. 28: JCPenney’s Cyber Monday sale will feature more than 50,000 deals available in stores and online. Additional promotions will also follow throughout Cyber Week, which is the week of Nov. 28.
For more announcements of holiday shopping hours and deals, check out:
- “Amazon Unveils Black Friday Deals, Gift Guides“
- “Sam’s Club Reveals Details of Black Friday, 5 Other Holiday Sales“
- “It’s Already Black Friday at 2 Office Supply Stores“
- “Target Brings Back, Expands Holiday Shopping Deals“
Do you plan to shop on Thanksgiving? Let us know below or on Facebook.