Walmart+ just rolled out another perk for members: free shipping with no minimum purchase required, starting Dec. 4.
Members now will receive free next-day and two-day shipping on items Walmart ships, regardless of their order total.
The retail giant announced the move just in time for the thick of the holiday shopping season. Previously, members generally were required to purchase at least $35 in goods before qualifying for free shipping.
However, delivery on groceries from Walmart stores still must meet the $35 minimum before qualifying for free shipping.
Free shipping with no minimum joins other Walmart+ benefits, including:
- Unlimited free grocery deliveries (for grocery orders of $35 or more)
- Fuel discounts — members save 5 cents per gallon at specific fuel stations
- The ability to use Scan and Go in stores, which allows customers to use their phone to check out and pay after shopping
Walmart+ also has expanded its fuel savings benefit. According to Walmart:
“The retailer is also expanding the number of locations where members can use their fuel savings to include Sam’s Club fuel stations across the country. That means customers now have access to fuel discounts at more than 2,000 Walmart, Murphy USA and Murphy Express fuel stations, as well as access to Sam’s Club member pricing at more than 500 Sam’s Club locations.”
Walmart+ costs $98 a year — or $12.95 a month — after a free 15-day trial.
Looking for more ways to keep holiday shopping from wrecking your savings? Check out:
- “8 Easy Ways to Cut the Cost of Holiday Shopping“
- “Make More Money on Your Holiday Shopping With These 3 Top Credit Cards“
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.