Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | RadioPublic | Stitcher | RSS
In this episode, we’re talking about balancing your short-term goals with your long-term goals.
You probably have long-term money goals: You know, the money you’re saving for something that’s years, even decades away, like retirement savings. But you also want money for things that are just weeks or months away, like creating an emergency fund or saving for a vacation.
The trick is finding the right balance, so you can hit both your short- and long-term targets.
And that’s what we’re going to talk about today. Because I want you to be able to have what you want now and what you need later.
Host Stacy Johnson is joined by financial journalist Miranda Marquit. Listening in and sometimes contributing is producer Aaron Freeman. Our special guest today is Alissa Maizes, the founder of Amplify My Wealth, a registered investment adviser.
Remember this podcast isn’t financial advice. So make sure to do your own research and consult your own experts before acting on anything you learn here.
You can watch this episode on Money Talks News, or if you’d prefer to listen, download the episode wherever you get your podcasts:
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
Setting financial goals
One of the most important things you can do for your money is to set financial goals. We talk during the episode about short-term and long-term financial goals and the importance of understanding them. But we also have some great articles on Money Talks News about setting goals for different purposes. Check out these resources on setting goals in different situations:
- How to Achieve Your Financial Goals in 2023
- Set Financial Goals: It’s the Secret to a Prosperous and Secure Future
- 5 Powerful Mental Tips to Accomplish Your Goals
- 11 Retirement Funding Goals Everyone Ought to Hit by Age 50
- 9 Tips to Tackle Your Financial Goals and Still Have Fun
- The 17 Best Retirement Investments to Achieve Your Financial Goals
- How to Set Smart Goals for Your Investments
- 7 Savings Goals to Create a Happier Today — and Tomorrow
- How to Answer Interview Questions About Career Goals
Building wealth while balancing goals
Many of us have goals that revolve around building wealth or setting specific goals like debt reduction. As you balance your short-term and long-term financial goals, it can help to have help in forming good habits to help you build wealth. Here are some of our favorite resources on building wealth as you work toward your financial goals:
- 5 Tips for Boosting Your Income to Reach Your First $1 Million
- 9 Millionaire Habits You Can Learn From
- The 10 Golden Rules of Becoming a Millionaire
- How to Become a Millionaire, Guaranteed
- 12 Habits Happy People Use to Make Life Better
- 7 Actions to Take Now to Get the Life You Want
- How to Create a Budget You Love: 5 Things You Need to Know
- How to Pay Off $100,000 in Debt
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Paying Off Debt This Year
- 6 Clever Ways to Build Wealth Outside the Stock Market
- How to Downsize Your Clutter and Build Wealth
- 9 Websites to Learn Skills for Free
- Start Building Serious Savings With a Pay-Yourself-First Strategy
- 9 Daily Rituals to Set Yourself Up for Career Success
Meet this week’s guest, Alissa Maizes
Alissa is a licensed attorney and registered investment adviser providing women and young adults with financial advice and a plan that embraces the life they want.
Alissa launched Amplify My Wealth to enable you to benefit from receiving financial advice, a financial plan as well as a partner that guides you on your journey to living the life you want. Her approach eliminates the traditional “waiting game” for clients who otherwise would be unable to avail themselves of having a fiduciary financial adviser putting their needs first.
Don’t listen to podcasts?
A podcast is basically a radio show you can listen to anywhere and anytime, either by downloading it to your smartphone or by listening online. They’re awesome for learning stuff and being entertained when you’re in the car, doing chores, jogging or riding your bicycle.
You can listen to our latest podcasts here or download them to your phone from any number of places, including Apple, Spotify, RadioPublic, Stitcher and RSS.
If you haven’t listened to our podcast yet, give it a try, then subscribe. You’ll be glad you did!
About the hosts
Stacy Johnson founded Money Talks News in 1991. He’s a CPA, and he has also earned licenses in stocks, commodities, options principal, mutual funds, life insurance, securities supervisor and real estate.
Miranda Marquit, MBA, is a financial expert, writer and speaker. She’s been covering personal finance and investing topics for almost 20 years. When not writing and podcasting, she enjoys travel, reading and the outdoors.
Add a Comment
Our Policy: We welcome relevant and respectful comments in order to foster healthy and informative discussions. All other comments may be removed. Comments with links are automatically held for moderation.