Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | RadioPublic | Stitcher | RSS
There are more than 20 million people with a net worth of at least $1 million in the United States. That’s a lot of millionaires!
Many of these millionaires aren’t flashy. They got rich over long periods of time by owning a home or years of investing.
But what if you want to speed up the process? How can you become a millionaire before you retire? That’s what this week’s podcast is about: discussing strategies to build your net worth as quickly as possible.
As usual, host Stacy Johnson is joined by financial journalist Miranda Marquit. Listening in and sometimes contributing is producer Aaron Freeman. Today, we’re happy to have Erin B. Haag, the founder of the website Pricing Overhaul and the author of the book “Give Yourself a Raise: The Mindset and Math You Need to Get to Your First Million.”
Be aware that anything you hear on this podcast doesn’t constitute financial advice. Always do your own research and consult your own experts before acting on anything you learn here.
You can listen with the player at the top of this article or download the episode wherever you get your podcasts:
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
- Listen on Spotify
Don’t forget to check out our podcast page for more episodes designed to help you make the most of your money.
What does it take to become a millionaire?
It’s one of the most common aspirational milestones: getting that first $1 million. But what does it take to become a millionaire? You need a combination of mindset, luck and hard work. Lots of hard work.
We’ve got some great articles on secrets, habits and practical tips for improving your finances on your own millionaire journey.
- The 10 Golden Rules of Becoming a Millionaire
- 6 Stunning Money Secrets Millionaires Won’t Tell You
- 13 Smart Habits of Millionaires You Should Adopt
- Why Only 12% of Adults — and 29% of Millionaires — Feel Wealthy
- 14 Myths About Becoming a Millionaire
- Even Millionaires Share These 4 Retirement Worries
- Where Do Millionaires Keep Their Money?
- 7 Secrets You Should Learn From 401(k) Millionaires
- 6 Money Secrets of Self-Made Millionaires
- How to Become a Millionaire, Guaranteed
How to grow your wealth and become a millionaire
Looking for ways to make the most of your assets to grow your wealth to become a millionaire? We’ve got you covered.
- 10 Secret Ways Americans Build Wealth
- 6 Clever Ways to Build Wealth Outside the Stock Market
- 7 Things You Should Know Before Investing in I Bonds
- 9 Tips for Sane and Successful Stock Investing
- The Lazy Person’s Guide to Flawless Investing
- The 7 Most Popular IRA Investments
- How to Choose Between Active and Passive Investing
- Your Guide to Alternative Investments
- 12 Legit Ways to Make Money Online Right Now
- 7 Ways to Make Money on Your Phone
- How to Make Money from What’s Coming: Web 3.0
- 5 Tips to Make Money Management Fun
- Staying Alive: How to Make Money in a Recession
- Side Hustle Success: Financial Freedom From Lipstick and Bras
- 9 Top-Paying Side Hustles Where You Could Earn More Than Full-Time Work
- How to Use the 50/20/30 Rule as Your Budgeting Plan
Meet this week’s guest, Erin Haag
Erin B. Haag is the founder of Pricing Overhaul, a company that teaches self-employed women how to overhaul their pricing and make more money than they ever dreamed possible.
Prior to starting Pricing Overhaul, Erin founded a successful Pilates and Yoga studio in Palm Beach, Florida — which she ran for several years before selling the company for 40 times her original investment.
Erin brings 20 years of experience to her clients. From calculating your revenue, expenses, owner’s salary, profit margin and beyond, Erin loves crunching the numbers to determine exactly what you need to charge. Her motto is “trust the math” because the numbers never lie.
Don’t listen to podcasts?
A podcast is basically a radio show you can listen to anywhere and anytime, either by downloading it to your smartphone, or by listening online. They’re awesome for learning stuff and being entertained when you’re in the car, doing chores, jogging or riding your bicycle.
You can listen to our latest podcasts here or download them to your phone from any number of places, including Apple, Spotify, RadioPublic, Stitcher and RSS.
If you haven’t listened to our podcast yet, give it a try, then subscribe. You’ll be glad you did!
About the hosts
Stacy Johnson founded Money Talks News in 1991. He’s a CPA, and he has also earned licenses in stocks, commodities, options principal, mutual funds, life insurance, securities supervisor and real estate.
Miranda Marquit, MBA, is a financial expert, writer and speaker. She’s been covering personal finance and investing topics for almost 20 years. When not writing and podcasting, she enjoys travel, reading and the outdoors.
Add a Comment
Our Policy: We welcome relevant and respectful comments in order to foster healthy and informative discussions. All other comments may be removed. Comments with links are automatically held for moderation.