Streaming TV and music companies are dangling some year-end incentives in hopes of luring people to take the plunge and become customers.
Several of the most popular streaming services are promoting Black Friday deals to get you off the sidelines and into the world of streaming.
The deals from TV services include:
- Sling TV: New customers who buy one month of Sling TV — either the Sling Orange or Sling Blue plan — will get another month free. Other deals include a free AirTV Mini streaming device, valued at $80, when you subscribe. Sling TV does not specify when these deals end.
- Hulu: Now though Cyber Monday, which falls on Nov. 30, both new and eligible returning subscribers can get a year of Hulu’s ad-supported plan for just $1.99 per month. Normally, the cost of this service is $5.99 a month.
- Philo: Now through Nov. 29, both new and returning customers can get 25% off of their first month of the service, which normally costs $20 a month, Cord Cutters News reports. If the discount is not applied automatically, enter the code “BLACKFRIDAY” at checkout.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime Video customers who are not already subscribed to Noggin via Prime Video Channels can subscribe for $0.99 a month for up to two months. Normally, this service for children costs $7.99 a month. Amazon does not specify when this deal ends.
Deals from music services include:
- Amazon Music: New customers can get three free months of the premium streaming tier Amazon Music Unlimited, which normally costs $9.99 per month, or $7.99 for Amazon Prime members. If you already subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited, you can upgrade to the Family Plan free for three months, Amazon says. When you do so, you’ll get access for up to six accounts. Amazon does not specify when these deals end.
- Spotify: Get the first three months of Spotify Premium for free. The cost is $9.99 a month thereafter. The offer ends Dec. 31.
Additionally, the audiobook service Audible has a deal for new members: Pay $4.95 a month for the first six months of an Audible Plus membership — a savings of nearly 40%. You will also get a $10 Amazon credit. The offer ends Dec. 31.
For more discounts you can nab right now, check out:
Disclosure: The information you read here is always objective. However, we sometimes receive compensation when you click links within our stories.