It’s been a wild year. Crypto has fallen 70%. The stock market has been horrible. Bonds have had the worst year since the 1700s! And we’ve watched inflation hit levels not seen since Reagan was in the White House.
What does this mean as we move into a new year?
Today, we’re going to take a look at some of the biggest money stories of 2022 — and how they might impact your pocketbook as we move into 2023.
As usual, host Stacy Johnson is joined by financial journalist Miranda Marquit. Listening in and sometimes contributing is producer Aaron Freeman. Today’s guest is Craig Ferrantino, a certified financial fiduciary at Craig James Financial Services.
Remember, even though we sometimes talk about money and specific investments on this show, don’t take them as recommendations. Before investing in anything or making any other money moves, do your own research and make your own decisions.
You can watch this episode below, or if you’d prefer to listen, you can do that with the player at the top of this article or download the episode wherever you get your podcasts:
We’ve got the scoop on the biggest financial stories of 2022
If it was a big financial news story in 2022, we talked about it on the podcast or covered it in a post on the Money Talks News website. Our insights can help you figure out the impact events have on your money — and what to do about it.
- Ready to Try Cryptocurrency? Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- How to Make Money from What’s Coming: Web 3.0
- How to Protect Yourself From the Next Crypto Crash, According to Experts
- Stocks Are Tanking: What You Need to Know Now
- How to Invest When Both Stocks and Bonds Are Falling
- 5 Things You Need to Know About This Horrible Stock Market
- 7 Things You Should Know Before Investing in I Bonds
- When Inflation Meets Stagnation and What to Do About It
- Retirement, Real Estate and I Bonds: We Answer Your Questions
- Can Treasury Securities Protect You From Inflation?
- 10 Sure-Fire Ways to Beat Inflation
- 7 Apps I Use to Beat Inflation at the Grocery Store
- 5 Things That May Cost More as Russia Invades Ukraine
- War, Inflation and Scary Markets – What Investors Should Be Doing Now
- How to Get Your Piece of the Student Loan Forgiveness Pie
- Is Forgiven Student Debt Taxable?
Also, we have a few articles outside Money Talks News that we used to get information. Here’s what you need to know:
- What’s next for bonds after 10-year Treasury note’s worst performance since 1788?
- Sam Bankman-Fried and the FTX bankruptcy
- Details of Biden’s loan forgiveness plan
- What’s the main driver of inflation?
- A look at Fed rate hikes
How to prepare your finances for 2023
We’re not sure what’s going to happen in 2023, but it’s a good idea to be ready. We have plenty of resources on Money Talks News that can help you make the most of your money in the coming year.
- 5 Things You Must Do Before the Next Recession
- 3 Ways Recessions Can Make You Rich
- How to Prepare Your Savings for a Recession
- 5 Things to Do in a Recession
- 5 Things You Must Do When Your Savings Reach $100,000
- The Pros and Cons of Dividend Stocks for Retirement Savings
- 5 Fast Ways to Turbocharge Your Retirement Savings
- Cut These 11 Expenses Now If You Hope to Retire Early
- 2 Costly Rewards Credit Card Mistakes — and How to Fix Them
- 21 of the Best Things to Buy at the Dollar Store
- 10 Tips to Help You Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
- 6 Ways to Increase Your Retirement Savings in the New Year
- 8 Ways to Maximize Your Job Search in the New Year
- Simple, Achievable New Year’s Resolutions That Will Make You Richer
- 5 Banks Now Paying 4% or More on Savings
- Paying Off Mortgages, Estate Planning and More: We Answer YOUR Questions
- Should You Pay Off Your Mortgage Early? Here’s How
- How to Destroy Your Debt and 3 Things to Do Next
- Tips and Tricks to Help You Destroy Debt
- 7 Ways to Save Without Downsizing Your Lifestyle
Meet this week’s guest, Craig Ferrantino
Craig J. Ferrantino, Certified Financial Fiduciary & Certified Wealth Strategist, is the founder and president of Craig James Financial Services, LLC. Craig started his career on Wall Street at J.P. Morgan Private Banking Group in New York City, performing asset management and assisting high net-worth clients. Since then, he has amassed more than 32 years of experience in the financial services industry.
Don’t listen to podcasts?
A podcast is basically a radio show you can listen to anywhere and anytime, either by downloading it to your smartphone or by listening online. They’re awesome for learning stuff and being entertained when you’re in the car, doing chores, jogging or riding your bicycle.
If you haven’t listened to our podcast yet, give it a try, then subscribe. You’ll be glad you did!
About the hosts
Stacy Johnson founded Money Talks News in 1991. He’s a CPA, and he has also earned licenses in stocks, commodities, options principal, mutual funds, life insurance, securities supervisor and real estate.
Miranda Marquit, MBA, is a financial expert, writer and speaker. She’s been covering personal finance and investing topics for almost 20 years. When not writing and podcasting, she enjoys travel, reading and the outdoors.