Black Friday is now less than one month away, falling on Nov. 25 this year.
That means the shopping frenzy that surrounds the fall retail holidays will be here before you know it.
Over the past decade, retailers have started opening earlier and earlier on Black Friday, which has traditionally kicked off the holiday sale season. In recent years, some stores even started opening the day before, on Thanksgiving Day.
This year, fewer retailers will open on Thanksgiving — but Black Friday start times are continuing their backward creep to an earlier calendar date.
In fact, the new trend this year seems to be pre-Black Friday sales. For example:
- Sam’s Club will start its “Pre-Black Friday Savings” sale on Nov. 19 and host a big “One Day Only” sale on Nov. 12.
- Best Buy will host its first “special holiday shopping event” of the season on Nov. 5.
- Target will start adding 50-percent-off toy deals to its Cartwheel app on Nov. 1 — that’s this coming Tuesday.
So to help you prepare for this rapidly approaching season of sales upon sales, we’ve rounded up our best tips for saving at some of the nation’s biggest retailers. You may find some overlap in the tips, but tried-and-true methods for saving money bear repeating.
- “10 Strategies to Save Big Bucks at Amazon“
- “10 Ways to Save at Bed, Bath & Beyond“
- “9 Great Ways to Save at Best Buy“
- “7 Ways to Save More at Big Lots“
- “7 Ways to Save at BJ’s Wholesale Club“
- “8 Ways to Squeeze the Most From Your Costco Membership“
- “8 Steps to Save Big at CVS“
- “7 Ways to Save at Dick’s Sporting Goods“
- “6 Ways to Save More at JCPenney“
- “10 Expert Tips for Saving More at Kohl’s“
- “6 Savvy Ways to Save More at Lowe’s and The Home Depot“
- “7 Ways to Save at Nordstrom“
- “7 Ways to Save at Old Navy“
- “7 Clever Ways to Save Money at Sam’s Club“
- “7 Sly Ways to Save Money at Target“
- “6 Smart Tricks to Save at T.J.Maxx“
- “8 Ways to Save at Walgreens“
- “8 Secret Ways to Save at Walmart“
What’s your favorite tip for saving money at your favorite retailer? Share with us by commenting below or over on our Facebook page.